Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Epic

Maybe it is too much LOST, too many stories swirling through my head, currently the million squawking birds outside my door making it sound like Hichcock's "The Birds" isn't helping, but I want an adventure so ridiculously bad. I am aware that most people going through epic like events in real life do not necessarily feel thrilled with their lot. And I am aware that, most likely, I too would want normalcy to descend if I was swept away into an adventure, but that does not stop me from feeling horribly restless and discontented with my comfort no matter how hard I try to rationalize or guilt away this wanderlust.

I blame the winter on most days. I blame my own lack of initiative on other days. Maybe if I just moved about some more, but where? And to what purpose? I also blame my impatience. I am going to Belgium in about a half a year.

I feel as though I should not complain, should not express this desire. I can hear so many rebuttals in my brain, some legitimate, some merely condescending. However, I do not think that this desire is such a bad thing. Not really. Just bothersome and grating in its unfocused form.


No comments: