Thursday, October 7, 2010

Indulgence

I have been attempting to process, but also to stay sane, to step away from all the newness that has been filling my brain and to allow myself to retreat and simply soak in loved things. I want to let myself indulge in the simple pleasures that are familiar, such as books, ink and blank paper, the calming beauty of Over the Rhine's music and conversations with family and to give myself some grace as I adjust and take in hundreds of things; ivy covered walls, languages, street's bends and names, and, of course, so many people.

I am currently in the midst of things that are, quite literally, foreign , and in the strangeness and newness of routines, faces and places I want to be able to remain, for lack of a more specific word, aware and lucid.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Indulge away, my friend. All the things you mentioned are good for your soul, right?

Unknown said...

and grace: grace is good. keep it up.