Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Again

Again, I fear, light clashes with
pale hues and dark contrasting blots
that hit the corners of the eye
and wrinkle them open and shut.
The lashes sweep, filtering away
the dingy dusty molecules
that crane their bodies for entrance.

Cataracts menacingly block,
the black blotches upon the crystalline
lens that shield and defile the world
from my intent piercing gaze.
They hunger to envelop
my whole being in their dusky balance.
Their persistent energies
mask meaning's intent,
hold back the curtain of reason
to allow insanity's reign.

At times I desire their entrance
to shield my eyes from beauty
to wrap me in the blanket of night.
Other times I fear their hauntings,
the slow imprints clouding my face
in a glassy sheen.
And still other times
indifference whisks away these thoughts
these wondering shadows
and ghost like ruminations.

No comments: